Homeopathy is the practice of selecting the most appropriate medicine for the patient based on the individuals own specific symptoms and their personal level of health. It is a system of natural health care and has been practiced for over 200 years. There are two basic principles of homeopathy.
The first principle assumes that the body knows what to do. Symptoms are the way in which the body takes action to overcome an illness. Living organisms have this automatic healing response. It is called the vital response.
The second principle requires that only ‘the minimum dose’ should be administered. It is based upon the understanding that the stimulus of the medicine works from within. Just enough is given to begin the healing process, which then continues on, motivated by its own internal healing mission.
- Homeopathic treatment works along with the body’s own power to heal. This creates health and well-being.
- Each patient is treated individually, not given a label
- Homeopathy treats all the symptoms at every level of being; emotional, spiritual, physical and mental. It also finds the ‘like cures like’ match for each
- Homeopathically prepared medications and remedies, provide the minimum dose, are subtle, gentle and powerful. Homeopathic treatments are non-addictive. They are not tested on animals.
There are many benefits to homeopathy. These include:
- It does not interfere with other medications that a patient may be taking
- It can be safely used by children, infants, pregnant and nursing women
- If a remedy is discovered to be incorrect will not cause harm and is completely safe for the patient
- It can be safely used for chronic or acute conditions in patients
- There is no side-effect besides some mild and possibly occasional and short-lived symptom aggravations which quickly go away and often tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of the patient. The increase in symptoms is actually recognized by homeopaths as a sign that the correct remedy has been chosen. This usually results in improvements in the symptoms
- This system of medicine is individualized and as such it treats the person, not just the symptoms. However, the symptoms are addressed and will typically improve when using this approach
- These homeopathic remedies are easily available making them accessible to anyone
- It is a holistic approach to healing. It involves the mind, body, spirit and emotions of the patient who is being treated
- Remedies that are homeopathic can be stored for long periods of time, extending their shelf-life
- The practice of homeopathic medicine is non-invasive
- Typically, homeopathic remedies are inexpensive. This provides patients with an affordable approach to healing
Homeopathic remedies are a viable option for anyone looking for a gentler method of treating illness. If you are considering homeopathic treatments and would like more information you can speak with someone in our Natural Health products department. We would be happy to help you with your needs.