With many of us being in lockdown during COVID-19, more and more of us are adopting health conscious choices such as working out and cooking healthy meals. Another way to help maintain good health is through the right supplementation.
At Brant Arts, we carry a number of supplements that we stand behind and you may wish to consider after consulting with your doctor or pharmacist. The following are some of our top over the counter supplements.
- Metagenics Phytomulti – More than your average multivitamin, Phytomulti from Metagenics uses a proprietary blend of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that are scientifically proven to help protect cells and DNA. With more antioxidants than twelve servings of fruits and vegetables, Phytomulti helps to reduce oxidative stress on all bodily systems.
- Metagenics OmegaGenics Mega 10 – We all know how important the right combination and quantities of fatty acids is to protect heart health. But it can be difficult to get everything you need in today’s diet. If you have a history of heart disease or if it runs in your family, you might want to consider supplementing with Metagenics OmegaGenics Mega 10. Mega 10 is a blend of Omega 3 and Omega 7 fatty acids proven to help reduce C-reactive protein levels in the blood. Clinical trials on Mega 10 have shown a 44% reduction in these proteins and a triglyceride reduction of up to 40%.
- AOR Methyl B12 – B12 is a vitamin that helps keep the body’s brain, nerve and blood cells healthy. As we age, however, it becomes more difficult to absorb this critical nutrient. Certain medications may also lead to decreased absorption. AOR’s Methyl B12 is one of the best absorbed B12s on the market. The most common form of B12 – cyanocobalamin – must go through several steps before it is converted into something the body can use. Methylcobalamin, on the other hand, allows the body to skip these steps and receive immediate support to the brain and nervous system. AOR’s Methyl B12 comes in a pleasant-tasting lozenge and is especially beneficial for those over 60, those with neurological disorders, and those taking certain medications such as heartburn medications and anti-seizure drugs.
- Metagenics – Cortico B5B6 – If you feel like you could use a little boost in your energy levels, this is a supplement worth considering. Cortico B5B6 supplies the body with B vitamins and bioflavonoids to help support a healthy adrenal system.
- AOR – Curcumin Active – A natural anti-inflammatory, curcumin is a supplement often taken by athletes and weekend warriors. Unfortunately, issues such as low bioavailability and low absorption, often make it less effective. Curcumin Active has helped solve those problems by using a fast-acting Longiva-optimized curcumin, which uses nano-sized particles that are coated in lipids in order to allow the curcumin to remain unbound until it reaches the tissues. Curcumin is known to reduce pain related to sports injuries and arthritis as well as help reduce inflammation in the gastrointestinal system, and support liver function. Studies have even shown that curcumin is at least as effective as commonly used NSAIDs for reducing pain for osteoarthritis sufferers only much safer.
If you would like to learn more about these or any of the other over the counter supplements that we carry, contact us today to speak with one of our pharmacists.