Estrogen plays a vital role in a woman’s health. When women stop producing estrogen from their ovaries at the average age of 51, many changes being to occur.
Here are some of estrogen’s important functions:
- it is healthy food for blood vessels
- maintains cholesterol levels
- prevents bone fracture
- improves sleep
- improves mood
- decreases inflammation
- nourishes vaginal tissue
- contributes to a healthy body weight
- enahances verbal memory and recall
- …and many more body wide benefits including the reduction of hot flashes and night sweats.
It is because of these benefits that estrogen supplementaion is recommeneded for many women. The concern many women have is regarding estrogen stimulating breast tissue. Our next blog will look at estrogen’s impact on the breast.